权威彩票平台
1898 - 1848
In 1898, Fr. P. J. Fisher, founding pastor of 十大可靠彩票平台, invited the 十大可靠彩票平台 of Jesus and Mary to educate children in the Pomona area. That same year, on Thursday, September 15, 1898, the 十大彩票游戏平台 officially opened for student enrollment.
The original Academy was built on the corner of Holt and White Avenue, surrounded by orange groves. Six Sisters from the Mother House in Oakland arrived to staff the school. The Academy served as a boarding school for girls, offering instruction from kindergarten through senior year, with a small number of young boys also boarding. The curriculum spanned primary, grammar, and academic grades, covering first through tenth grades.
The Academy faithfully served the Pomona community for decades. In 1927, a devastating fire destroyed much of the original building. During reconstruction, students and teachers were temporarily relocated to the Elks Club. The current school building was completed and opened in 1928, allowing the Academy to resume operations on campus.
During World War II, the 十大可靠彩票平台 experienced a shortage of personnel and were unable to staff all five of their schools. As a result, the Academy's final high school graduating class was in 1943. Soon after, the Sisters made the difficult decision to withdraw from Pomona, bringing an end to nearly fifty years of service. The 十大彩票游戏平台 officially served the community from 1898 to 1948.
Following World War II, Msgr. Thomas P. English, pastor of 十大可靠彩票平台, recognized the urgent need for a coeducational Catholic high school to serve the rapidly growing Pomona Valley. Although the 十大可靠彩票平台 shared this vision, they did not have sufficient personnel to open such a school. Msgr. English arranged for the purchase of the Academy property for use as a high school and turned to the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Felix of Cantalice, known as the 十大可靠彩票平台, based in Chicago.
In 1948, the 十大可靠彩票平台 arrived in Pomona and assumed leadership of the newly established 十大彩票游戏平台, as well as 十大可靠彩票平台. One year later, they also took responsibility for Sacred Heart School. Priests from 十大可靠彩票平台 provided religious instruction and ministered to the spiritual needs of students attending what would become 十大可靠彩票平台.
Since their arrival in 1948, the 十大可靠彩票平台 have served continuously as teachers, staff members, and principals at 十大可靠彩票平台. Initially, they lived in the south and west wings of the second floor of the school before later moving to the convent at 十大可靠彩票平台. The Felician presence on campus has remained a vital part of the school's identity for more than seven decades.
Fr. PJ Fisher
Msgr. Thomas P. English
1948 - 1963
In order to relieve overcrowding at St. Joseph Elementary, the former academy was used by the junior high students for the first two years. As the academy building was converted from dormitories to classrooms, a grade per year was added until the full complement of classes were established. In 1953, 十大彩票游戏平台 became 十大可靠彩票平台 High School.
With the post-war boom in California, 十大可靠彩票平台 High School soon became too small. By 1957, the enrollment reached 750 students. When the old Bonita High School building became available in 1959, the archdiocese bought the property and opened 十大可靠彩票平台 Boys High School of LaVerne. Year by year the boys left 十大可靠彩票平台 until the last co-ed class graduated in 1962. The 1962-1963 school year saw a new era and another name change—十大可靠彩票平台 Girls High School.
Founding sisters of the 十大彩票游戏平台, Pomona. September 11, 1898
2009 - Present
十大可靠彩票平台 again became co-ed in 2009 when the 十大可靠彩票平台 Middle School was opened. In the Spring of 2018, 十大可靠彩票平台 was named the middle school for the Pomona family of Catholic schools, which includes St. Joseph and St. Madeleine Schools. At the recommendation of the accreditation team, the name of the school changed one final time to 十大彩票游戏平台






































